Who processes your information?
Mapledown School is the data controller of the personal information you provide to us. This means the school determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any personal data relating to pupils and their families is to be processed. Steve Carroll acts as a representative for the school with regard to its data controller responsibilities; he can be contacted on 020 8455 4111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In some cases, your data will be outsourced to a third party processor; however, this will only be done with your consent, unless the law requires the school to share your data. Where the school outsources data to a third-party processor, the same data protection standards that Mapledown School upholds are imposed on the processor.
Satswana is the data protection officer. Their role is to oversee and monitor the school’s data protection procedures, and to ensure they are compliant with the GDPR. The data protection officer can be contacted on 01252 516 898.
Why do we collect and use your information?
Mapledown School holds the legal right to collect and use personal data relating to pupils and their families, and we may also receive information regarding them from their previous school, LA and/or the DfE. We collect and use personal data in order to meet legal requirements and legitimate interests set out in the GDPR and UK law, including those in relation to the following:
• Article 6 and Article 9 of the GDPR
• Education Act 1996
• Section 3 of The Education (Information About Individual Pupils) (England) Regulations 2013
In accordance with the above, the personal data of pupils and their families is collected and used for the following reasons:
• To support pupil learning, extra-curricular activities and development of life skills
• To monitor and report on pupil progress
• To provide appropriate pastoral care
• To assess the quality of our service
• To comply with the law regarding data sharing
• Achievement and performance